Maythorn is a residential home which provides both long term and shared care accommodation for young people aged 8 to 18 with autism, learning difficulties and associated complex needs.
Ivel Valley works in close partnership with Maythorn for those pupils who attend the school. All educational programmes and personal targets are shared with care staff to enable continuity of provision across both settings.
There are regular liaison meetings and Maythorn staff attend school training and therapy sessions as appropriate to the individual needs of the pupils concerned.
We work in close partnership with the Children with Disabilities Team who are based at the Ivel Valley Hub on the primary site. The Hub delivers holistic services to disabled children, young people and their families linked to Ivel Valley School and the East area.
We aim to provide a localised service to include:
- Advice and information service to, parents / carers, young people, professionals, local communities and support groups
- An increased range of social activities
- Links to universal provision, e.g. leisure and social opportunities, extended schools, youth work / clubs etc
- Parent / carer involvement
- Involvement of young people
- Formal & informal opportunities to meet other parents / carers
- Opportunities for training and workshops
- Opportunity for accessing resources e.g. parent library, information leaflets