Ivel Valley School will be a positive environment which is a centre of excellence within the community of East Bedfordshire, providing high quality education that enhances the emotional, physical health and well-being of its pupils. It will provide support, advice and training to young people with special educational needs, their families and the community.
- An ethos in which each individual is valued and respected for the unique contribution which they make to the school and the community.
- The right of each individual to a happy, safe and healthy environment.
- The right of each individual to have their physical, emotional, learning and social needs met.
- The right of each individual to enjoy and benefit from learning.
- The right of each individual to develop the skills, experience and aptitude to best equip them for the future.
- Partnerships with parents, other agencies and the learning community.
We aim to:
- Meet the needs of all our pupils within the school and the wider community.
- Provide the physical, learning and emotional support necessary to ensure that allour pupils achieve their full potential.
- Maintain a happy, safe, stimulating and well-resourced learning environment.
- Deliver a curriculum that will be enjoyable and challenging at every level.
- Secure the highest possible outcomes for our pupils.
- Recognise, value and celebrate all contributions and achievements.
- Work closely and in collaboration with parents and carers, the Local Authority, other agencies and the learning community
- Develop the expertise of staff working with pupils having special educational needs.
- Ensure that the voice of the pupils is heard and listened to.
We will provide:
- High quality innovative teaching.
- Passionate and effective leadership.
- Accurate and on -going assessment which is used effectively to plan learning.
- A flexible curriculum built around the needs of pupils.
- Highly trained and experienced staffs who are valued and recognised.
- Ongoing professional and personal development.
- Effective communication within school, between school and parents/carers and with the community.
- Quality learning resources and a stimulating learning environment.
- A commitment to the use of technology in learning and management across the school.
- Innovation in our curriculum design, openness to new initiatives and pioneering use of new technology.
- Opportunities for parents/carers to become fully involved in their child’s education and the life of the school.
- Outreach to the learning community.
- Advice and support to parents/carers and the community.