EYFS - Key Stage 3
(Nursery to year 9)
An activity ideas sheet will be released each day with specific Areas of Learning. A copy of the sheets can be found below once they have been released.
Activity ideas sheets:
Week beginning 30th March
Tuesday: Lego Challenge
Wednesday: Maths – Numbers
Thursday: Summer Fun
Dental Health Learning Resources
- KS1 – Accompanying resources
- KS1 – Powerpoint lesson plan
- KS2 – Accompanying resources
- KS2 – PowerPoint lesson plan
- KS3 – Accompanying resources
- KS3 – PowerPoint lesson plan
Week beginning 23rd March
Monday: Art and Creativity ideas
Wednesday: 100 Indoor Activity Ideas
Thursday: Sensory Activities
Friday: Active ideas A to Z
In our efforts to continue supporting the education of those remaining at home, we have put together a list of websites that may be used to support pupils at home. This includes online learning resources and access to support material that may be useful for some pupils:
- Online website of activity ideas: www.mykidstime.com
- Online activities and games: www.topmarks.co.uk
- Online website of free resources, activities and games to support learning at home, including free eBook library: www.oxfordowl.co.uk (they are providing a parental area)
- Website of hands on STEM and science based activities: www.littlebinsforlittlehands.com
- Discover projects, activities and challenges to engage young people of all ages with the world and wonder of STEM subjects and careers: www.stem.org.uk
- A range of online games and activities linked to maths: www.coolmaths.com
- Online phonics website Phonicsplay will be free to use for a while – main page shows username march20 and password home: www.phonicsplay.co.uk
- An American website that has a lot of useful links – social stories, activity ideas, symbols to download, etc. As well as some articles on special needs: www.oneplaceforspecialneeds.com
- Parents and Carers are able to register for a free trial which allows access to a range of online games and activities: www.helpkidzlearn.com
- Online Learning Resources: Twinkl – twinkl.co.uk/offer – sign up with the code: UKTWINKLHELPS. Twinkl has a huge variety of worksheets and activity ideas, aimed at all different levels of learning.
- Online links to a wide range of other websites, specifically considering children with special needs: https://sites.google.com/bridgend.ac.uk/alnhomeschool
- Online activities: Busy Things – busythings.co.uk – families can get 1 month access for £1 using the code HOME1FOR1. This website has some really fun games that children can play by themselves, or with others.
- Social Story regarding coronavirus: https://theautismeducator.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/The-Corona-Virus-Free-Printable-Updated-2-The-Autism-Educator-.pdf – we have also preemptively prepared a social story personalised to Ivel Valley that we will send home in case of closure.
- Online learning resource: Widget online – https://widgitonline.com/. They are offering a free 21 day trial, which might be really helpful for families that want to design new schedules at home, which you could print or view on screen.
- Places to visit: National Trust – https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/. They have released a statement: “We’ll work, where possible, to keep as many of the Trust’s gardens and parklands open, free of charge, alongside coast and countryside, to encourage the nation to enjoy open space if at all possible, while observing social distancing measures.”
- Online learning resource for online safety: Child Net: https://www.childnet.com/resources. They have links to a wide range of resources regarding e-safety for all different ages.
- Online learning resource: BBC Bitesize – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize
- Online education games: Top Marks – topmarks.co.uk. They have a range of educational games that some pupils will be used to using in school.
- Online platform for movement and mindfulness videos and activities:
- Yoga videos: Cosmic Kids Yoga (accessed via YouTube). They have created hundreds of videos for children, leading them through yoga activities, told through stories. Another Ivel Valley favourite.
- https://www.gonoodle.com/. This is a free website packed with engaging videos created by child development experts. – a real favourite at Ivel Valley.