Ivel Valley School Post 16 curriculum is designed to celebrate success for all! We aim to develop in each student aspirations to succeed and achieve their best, while providing a foundation for lifelong learning.
In Key Stage 5 we aim to build on experience gained in Key Stage 4, extending the opportunities for the development of:
- Student choice.
- Student independent living.
- Social skills.
- Vocational and work related learning.
Students follow personalised and flexible learning programmes to support individual needs.
There are a range of opportunities available in Key Stage 5 in addition to the Curriculum, namely:
- College link days at Bedford /North Herts College / Wheels-Vocational Multi skills programme.
- Duke of Edinburgh Award – Bronze and Silver.
- Access to an accredited course at Stratton School Farm in Land Based Studies.
- NCS Programme which involves a residential visit (bi-annual).
- Copelands and Northfields, both horticulture projects involving socialisation with local residents in the area.
- Community programme working with The Rotary Club.
- Extended work related opportunities / Individual work placements.
- Ongoing Enterprise opportunities, eg. Catering for staff lunches, coffee shop (Chapter House), making celebratory gifts.
- Jobs around school eg. Recycling, delivering stationery and the post.
- Accessing and using public transport, travel training by bus and train and the opportunity to drive a car.
- Increased community leisure opportunities eg, public swim and gym.
- Hosting coffee mornings and organising fund raising events.